[OS X TeX] Re: Functionality for collaborative work in TeXShop?

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Fri Jun 3 18:17:35 CEST 2005

> Setting up cvs shouldn't be too hard.  On any unix (including
> Macos) all that is needed is a group writable directory and a unix
> group that contains the users with cvs commit privileges. This can
> be done on a per project basis (one main cvs directory with
> subdirectories of each project).  To set it up, just make the main
> cvs directory with
>
> cvs init -d CVSDIRECTORY
>
> Then for each project cd to an *empty* directory and
>
> mkdir PROJECTNAME
> $cvs import -m 'Initial import.' -d CVSDIRECTORY PROJECTNAME start
>
> That's it.  The users can now use ssh to checkout and commit.

Right. The problem is that I have multiple groups and don't have them
isolated. Everybody had to have access to the main directory with rw
privs (maybe x, I don't recall). It's been a while, and it's not a
major concern for me, but I recall that it wasn't clear how to box
off the separate projects so they could only access stuff within
their project. I got mixed up who had to have privs in each place and
just made them blanket (single group, multiple projects). This is a
rare instance where I'd really like a GUI to set it up. I touch it so
rarely that I never recall how to do it and spend a lot of time
relearning.

Joe

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>