[OS X TeX] Flowcharts

Matthew Inglis m.j.inglis at warwick.ac.uk
Sat Jul 30 17:35:54 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I am trying to get "Flow" to work on OS 10.4, but am having some

I've built the flow.c file, to produce a flow.out file, but when I
try to use it with, for example, this:
   This is
   the first
Box 8 1
   And this is the second

it says:

flow error : can't interpret line 1
% picture environment flowchart generated by flow 0.99e
[Process completed]

However, a colleague using Windows gets this:

% picture environment flowchart generated by flow 0.99e
This is\\
the first\\
And this is the second

Iit has been suggested to me that the problem may be to do with DOS/
UNIX/Mac line endings, but I've used TextWrangler to try all of these
versions with no success.

I'm no expert in C, building, or the picture environment, so was
hoping someone might be able to illuminate what is going wrong.

Best wishes