[OS X TeX] installing ifmath fonts?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Jul 29 13:04:27 CEST 2005

Am 29.07.2005 um 03:48 schrieb Jung-Tsung Shen:

> I know absolutely nothing about font installation. But I was wondering
> why there's no "installer" that automatically put every bit and piece
> into the right place? ... ... ...

I haven't finished yet ... There were a few tries before, but obviously
only a few folks do that. Usually the fonts that come with teTeX are
sufficient. And those who want extras only need to follow an easy
recipe, as Gary did.) (There are some complications with naming the
fonts according to their encoding, shape/variant, so there can't be an
algorithm. Without it software is no solution.)

(My own installer is aiming to convert TrueType fonts to PostScript
fonts and make them via fontinst available to non-pdfTeX too. It's
command line, but a GUI to the Perl script to fill in new fonts and
name would be nice. And next summer/autumn the same for OpenType?)

--
Greetings

   Pete

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've
always worked for me."
		-- Hunter S. Thompson

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>