[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT 1.3 released

Guido Mocken mocken at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jul 22 10:46:37 CEST 2005

Am 21.07.2005 um 22:12 schrieb Pierre Chatelier:
> David Derbes gave me another idea : use only a part of the the
> equation to make the icon, and add <...> dots to indicate that this
> icon is "truncated".

Hm, nice for equations (if the result is something like "a=..."), not
so nice for any other tex snippets (e.g. \LaTeX).

Another idea would be to give the user a selection rectangle to
determine, which part of the image should be used for the icon. But
maybe that's way too much effort just for the document icon.
I could very well live with a standard icon, if it's a good one. Maybe
one that's derived from the standard PDF icon plus some subscript
"\LaTeX" to indicate that it contains Latex source code.

> To get rid of the point-and-click problem on transparent color, I will
> use an almost-transparent color for the background ! (yes it works,
> great!)

Yes, that's a good solution.

	Guido

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>