[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT 1.3.1 released

Aaron Jackson jackson at msrce.howard.edu
Fri Jul 22 07:26:24 CEST 2005

On Jul 21, 2005, at 5:29 PM, Pierre Chatelier wrote:

>> It does indeed work.  I did notice that changes to the preamble do
>> not take effect unless I quit and restart the application (I'm using
>> the panther version).  For example, if I change from
>> \usepackage{fourier} to \usepackage{mathpazo} LaTeXiT uses the utopia
>> font until I quit and restart, then the palatino font is used.  A
>> minor nit.  Thanks for the cool app.
>
> Any modification to the default preamble does not affect currently
> open windows, since their would be the risk to overwrite some
> modifications the user has made in them.
> However, you do not have to restart the application; just open a new
> document like in any application (Command-N).

I just noticed something else.  I have a library of about 35 or so
equations.  It looks like each one has the default preamble.  If I do a
Library->Refresh equation, the new preamble doesn't get loaded.  Is
there an easy way to change the preamble of an equation in the Library
without having to go through and re-copy/paste/label each equation?

Also, if I have multiple windows open and typeset a different equation
in each window, then the top most equation is echoed in all open
windows overwriting what was previously there.  At least everything is
saved in the history.

<greed>
I plan to add more equations to the library (I'm sure the total will be
around 100 or so for my dissertation).  It would be nice to have a
keyboard shortcut to do this instead of having to do a Library->Add
current equation each time.
</greed>

Thanks.

Aaron