[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT 1.3.1(Panther version) font question

Pierre Chatelier pierre.chatelier at club-internet.fr
Thu Jul 21 20:41:08 CEST 2005

Hi

>> To be more clear :about what's not working
>>
>> %%%%%%%Does not produce time fonts%%%%%%
>> \documentclass[10pt]{article}
>> \usepackage{times} % <<<---- This is not working
>> \selectfont %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% I tried here
>> \usepackage{geometry}
>>

> [snip]
>
> The problem is the use of the times package. It will work (sort of)
> for the text font, but the math fonts are left as is.

Yes, I was aware of that, but I think this is due to the font package
itself.
In fact, my problem is not to get time fonts, but to allow LaTeXiT's
users to use them if thay want to, bounded by what this package
offers. So, if it is not working in math mode, the user is expected
to know that.

> Try again with \usepackage{mathptmx}. The location shown here
> should work, although I added it after the last package was loaded.

Yes, this package does have an effect in maths and text mode. Great !

In both cases, it works thanks to \normalfont and not with
\selectfont which has no effect.

So it seems that \normalfont is the solution to my problem of fonts
that would be not used in boxes prior to \begin{document}

> It might be a good idea to load the amsmath package by default:
> anyone who wants to typeset math in LaTeX should use it anyway.

But it is. The default preamble of LaTeXiT is this one :
\documentclass[10pt]{article}
\usepackage[pdftex]{color} %pour la couleur
\usepackage{amssymb} %maths
\usepackage{amsmath} %maths
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} %utile pour taper directement les
caractères accentués

Regards,

Pierre
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>