[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT 1.3 released

Pierre Chatelier pierre.chatelier at club-internet.fr
Thu Jul 21 18:21:36 CEST 2005

Hi,

> I have two more minor suggestions to make:
>
> - Don't make the icon of the PDF look like the equation. If the
> equation is a large one, the resulting icon is basically blank and
> impossible to select (and therefore, you cannot easily remove the
> icon in the Finder's Item Info dialog). Or at least, make it an
> option.
It's true that I did not realized how useless and painful it was for
big equations. Yes, it could be an option of the preferences... Does
anyone have some other idea to make it useful and user friendly ?
Should I just drop the idea of making a particular icon ?

> - For PDFs dragged to the Finder, please set the file type to "PDF
> " and the creator to whatever is necessary. I am not sure about
> Apple's current metadata policy, but anyway, it would be nice to
> have the PDFs reopened automatically in LaTeXiT upon double click.
> Right now, LaTeXiT does not even appear in the "Open with..." menu.
Actually, on Tiger, the Creator is set, and LaTeXiT appear in Open
With... menu. I did not look into Panther to see if it wasn't. I will
investigate that.

> - I still see quite a lot of crashes ... mostly random, though ...
I did not even see one; do not hesitate to send me crash logs !

Regards,

Pierre
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>