[OS X TeX] What happened to the BibTeX SpotLight importer

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Jul 20 20:08:36 CEST 2005

You can get the DVI importer at <http://homepage.mac.com/amaxwell/>, and the source is available on request (BSD license).  The BibTeX importer is currently in BibDesk's CVS repository; the previous version really just indexed the text content of the BibTeX files, so was only marginally useful, but I can make that available if anyone wants it.

>Do we have importers for .tex and .ps files as well?

Apple ships PS and PDF importers, and I believe that Norm Gall wrote a .tex importer for his Emacs redistribution.  Again, it would be nice if each of the TeX front ends would ship a spotlight importer for .tex files, since they claim the file type.

>> Will there be a problem if we forget to remove the BibImporter and
>> DVIImporter from /Library/Spotlight?
>
>Can we install them also in ~/Library/Spotlight?

Yes, you certainly can.

regards,
Adam

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>