[OS X TeX] working with eps figures

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Thu Jul 14 00:17:07 CEST 2005

Hi Aaron,

I have found success doing this with the \subfig and \rotating packages:

\begin{sidewaysfigure}
\begin{center}

	\subfloat[]{\includegraphics[width=0.45\linewidth{}]{IMG1}  \label{Fig:IMG1}}
\quad
	\subfloat[]{\includegraphics[width=0.45\linewidth{}]{IMG2} \label{Fig:IMG2}}

\caption[TEXT FOR TOC.]{CAPTION TEXT: \subref{Fig:IMG1} IMG1 SPECIFIC TEXT
\cite{IMG1 CITATION}; \subref{Fig:IMG2} IMG2 SPECIFIC TEXT.} \label{Fig:IMGS}
\end{center}
\end{sidewaysfigure}

The beauty of this method is that references in the body of the text will be
shown as, for example Figure 1(a), 1(b), and Figure 1 if you use Figure
\ref{IMG1}, Figure \ref{IMG2}, and Figure \ref{IMGS} respectively.

Cheers
Alan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>