[OS X TeX] working with eps figures

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 14 00:06:15 CEST 2005

On 13 Jul 2005, at 23:48, Aaron Jackson wrote:

> I hope this is not too off topic...  I have 6 eps figures that I am
> trying to turn into one one large eps figure with the 6 figures  as
> subfigures arranged  in a 3x2 configuration (possibly with captions
> for each subfigure).  I haven't needed to do this in the past, so I
> don't know the best way to do this.  If possible, I would like to
> use a command line tool that is part of one of GW's i-packages.
> Does anybody have any pointers?  Thanks.

I usually cheat: I put the figures in a table, with extra labels, and
referencing those in the main caption:

\begin{figure}
\begin{tabular*}{\textwidth}{c@{\hspace*{\fill}}c}
\includegraphics{bogus1} & \includegraphics{bogus2} \\
(a) & (b)\\
\includegraphics{bogus3} & \includegraphics{bogus4} \\
(c) & (d)
\end{tabular*}
\caption[short]{long, referencing the (manual) (a), (b) etc.}
\end{figure}

Hope this helps. There are neater solutions, especially if you need
the figures to be vertically aligned, and the columns have the same
width, see the tex FAQ for pointers (http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/
texfaq2html?introduction=yes)

Maarten
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>