[OS X TeX] hyperref

Armin Goralczyk agoralczyk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 23:18:43 CEST 2005

Am 10.07.2005 um 18:12 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> On Jul 10, 2005, at 10:36 AM, Armin Goralczyk wrote:
>> Hi
>> I decided to use the hyperref package, but I ran into some
>> troubles. Any help is much appreciated since I cannot figure it
>> out myself. When I use hyperref with all the other packages I need
>> it doesn't build a tree-like bookmark structure but appends the
>> next entry to the previous one no matter if the next is a chapter
>> and the previous is a subsection, like this:
>> |_ Chapter 1
>>  \_ Section
>>   \_Section
>>    \_ Subsection
>>     \_ Chapter 2
>>      \_section
>>       \_section
>> If I omit all other packages but hyperref the bookmarks are
>> ordered correct, like this:
>> |_ Chapter 1
>> |\_Section
>> |\_section
>> | \_Subsection
>> \_Chapter 2
>>  \_section
>>   \_section
> Howdy,
> After downloading the fltpage package the demonstration file
> compiled fine on my system; no errors from hyperref. I added a
> Table of Contents and that is being displayed properly on my
> system. Note that the default margins in the book class are
> assymetric between even and odd pages; could that be what you were
> seeing?
> How old is your TeX system? Do you have the i-installer version
> (gwTeX)?
> Good Luck,
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)

I have tetex installed via fink. I think it should be the latest
version (tetex-3.0-1) (How do I check?).
pdfeTeX 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
from he log:
File: hyperref.cfg 2002/06/06 v1.2 hyperref configuration of TeXLive
and teTeX
*hyperref using default driver hpdftex*
File: hpdftex.def 2003/11/30 v6.74m Hyperref driver for pdfTeX
Package: nameref 2003/12/03 v2.21 Cross-referencing by name of section
\c at section@level=\count140
Is this the information you need?
Could this be the fault of fink's tetex ditribution?
Should I try it with the gwTex?
I don't think it has to do with the book class because if the other
packages are omitted but class is still book it works fine.
Thank you
Armin Goralczyk, Guttmannstr. 4, Appartment 2615, 76307 Karlsbad,