[OS X TeX] Request for testing on a short notice

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Jul 4 22:47:41 CEST 2005

Le 4 juil. 05 à 14:30, Gerben Wierda a écrit :

> 2. I have produced a new TeX i-package on the *EXPERIMENTAL* i-
> Directory. This package has any fixes from a newer TL repository.
> It also has a TL2005 binaries produced from sources from July 3,
> 2005, so very recent. It might be considered the first release
> candidate level for TL2005.
> More important for me, the 2005 binaries have been produced with
> gcc 4 on Mac OS X 10.4. My main interests are thus:
> - Does the 2005-set work on 10.2 and 10.3? (tested slightly on
> 10.3.9 and it seems to work)
> - Are the 2004 (and 2003 if needed) OK?

Works fine here, though my setup is not necessarily the most
interesting for testing purposes: OS X 10.4.1, TL2005.

I tried to compile both a pdfLaTeX and a XeLaTeX document. Both went
OK. Probably subjective: I have the impression pdfLaTeX is faster
(and XeLaTeX possibly slower).

Probably subjective as well: it seems the line tracing algorithm
might have changed, in that horizontal and vertical lines seem
thinner (especially in XeLaTeX).

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>