[OS X TeX] i-installer and autotrace

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Jul 4 14:58:13 CEST 2005

Le 4 juil. 05 à 14:38, Stephen Moye a écrit :

> On Jul 4, 2005, at 8:01 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>
>> On Jul 4, 2005, at 12:08, Stephen Moye wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, freetype2 was installed, and, no, i-Installer had no
>>> complaints when I installed autotrace. I looked in /usr/local/lib
>>> and libfreetype6.dylib is indeed not there but there are these
>>> files:
>>>
>>> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root  admin  1821780 Dec 31  2004 /usr/local/lib/
>>> libfreetype.6.3.7.dylib
>>> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root  admin       23 Jul  4 05:58 /usr/local/lib/
>>> libfreetype.6.dylib -> libfreetype.6.3.7.dylib
>>>
>>> The closeness of the names prompts me to ask if there is a
>>> problem here.
>>
>> I would suggest running a repair privileges on your system and
>> reboot. From this info, the installation seems correct but this is
>> typically the kind of behaviour you get when the privileges are
>> not OK.
>
> I've been repairing privileges a lot lately, but ran it again,
> rebooted -- and got the same error. I uninstalled freetype2 and
> autotrace and reinstalled -- got the same error.
>
> Later --
>
> I've been looking at a G4 powerbook on which autotrace does work.
> In /usr/local/lib there *is* a file ibfreetype6.dylib which is
> missing in the G5 desktop that is having the problem. Also missing
> is ibfreetype6.3.4.dylib. Grasping at straws -- is there a problem
> with i-installer and G5/Tiger?

There's something illogical here. Do you mean the first ls output,
reporting libfreetype.6.dylib is present (as a symlink to
libfreetype.6.3.7.dylib), was obtained on the G4, not on the G5 on
which you're having the problem? If so, the first suggestions, re.
installing the FreeType i-Package and repairing permissions, might as
well solve the problem on the G5.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>