[OS X TeX] OT: digests

Nicola Cabibbo nicola.cabibbo at roma1.infn.it
Mon Jul 4 13:44:46 CEST 2005

Please count my vote against suppressing the digest service.

Frankly I would prefer to keep the digest. I have posted (carefully)
only a couple of times
over  the years. If you  have problems with "reply" postings from
digest readers, you could
arrange for these "replies" to go to a different maibox, e.g

             MacOSX-TeX-Digest at email.esm.psu.edu

The mailbox could send back an automatic e-mail which essentially says:

     This is an authomatic message, do not reply.

     You should not directly reply to digest messages.
     To intervene in a thread, send a mail to "MacOSX-
TeX at email.esm.psu.edu".

     If you are starting a new thread the subject is simply he title
of the new thread,
     e.g.  "My question on XXX".

     If you are intervening on an existing thread, e.g.
     the subject should be "Re: [OS X TeX]  Existing_Thread".

The gist of this message could be included in the footer of the
digest e-mails
sent to subscribers. People would learn fast!

     Nicola Cabibbo