[OS X TeX] centering section headings

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Mon Jul 4 01:40:21 CEST 2005

>Is there a simple way to center \section headings in article? Using
>\begin{center}\section{heading}\end{center} doesn't seem to work (or
>at least gives an error message with more than one \section). I get:
>!LaTeX Error: Something's wrong--perhaps a missing \item.
>using as a test:
>Thanks, ...Peter

This is probably best explained in the FAQ.

Basically look at the sectsty and titlesec packages.

Alan Munn                                                   amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics                                   amunn at acm.org
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824    Tel.  +1-517-355-7491