[OS X TeX] Crossrefs and BibDesk

Matthias Damm macplanet at macnews.de
Sun Jul 3 19:15:38 CEST 2005

Am 02.07.2005 um 03:25 schrieb Jon Hanson:

> I wish to refer to separate chapters of an edited volume.  Each
> chapter has its own title and authors.  My reading of Kopka & Daly
> (3rd ed) led me to think that I should thus use the "book" type for
> the parent record and the "incollection" type for the child
> records.  What I find is that BibDesk pulls the "Title" field from
> the parent record and puts it in the "Title" field of the child
> record, but I think it should go to the "Booktitle" field.  Am I
> correct?

Yes, this is what should happen, and it is what actually happens in
my experience -- I use crossrefs a lot for the described incollection/
book scenario (without and with BibDesk), and it has always worked fine.

Can you provide a sample .bib file with one book and one or some
incollection items which does not work as expected for you?

Best,
Matthias

--
Matthias Damm
mad at macpla.net
PGP key: http://macpla.net/MatthiasDamm.asc
PGP fingerprint: CED3 6074 7F7D 3148 C6F3  DFF2 05FF 3A0B 0D12 4D41

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>