[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT 1.2 beta

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Sun Jul 3 16:31:45 CEST 2005

On Jul 3, 2005, at 6:08 AM, Pierre Chatelier wrote:

>> One thing that has plagued me about it and it still seems to be a
>> problem with the most recent beta is that changes to the Default
>> Preamble don't take immediate effect. It seems that I have to quit
>> and restart LaTeXiT for them to take effect. Can this be corrected
>> for the next release?
>>
> I am surprised, since it should work. When you type in a new
> default preamble, the preamble of opened documents is not changed,
> since it could have been tuned by the user. But if you open a new
> document (Command-N), the new default preamble will be used.

Aha. Now I understand.

One more thing. When I use Lucida, that is:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[expert,altbullet,lucidasmallscale]{lucidabr}

I get nice output and it seems to be using my Postscript fonts. When
I use:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

I seem to be getting bitmapped fonts. Do you know what might be going
here?

-- Gary
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>