[OS X TeX] Recommended way to install latex2html

Aaron Jackson jackson at msrce.howard.edu
Fri Jul 1 05:48:36 CEST 2005

On Jun 30, 2005, at 8:16 PM, Michael Williams wrote:

> Hi,
> What is the recommended way to install latex2html these days? Has any
> progress been made since
> <http://www.tug.org/pipermail/latex2html/2003-April/002341.html>? I
> understand there are a large number of dependencies, but I'd like to
> avoid using Fink, if possible.

If you install via the i-installer, you can add all the dependencies
that way.  Then just do

make install (as root)

(after downloading and uncompressing the source of course).

Not too hard.  This worked for me, but since I use tex4ht I cannot say
if the install works as expected.  I can only say the install was
trivial.  Why don't you use tex4ht?  It is installed by default when
you use the i-installer.