[OS X TeX] Converting qtree \Tree(s) to xyling \Tree(s)

mark oilcan markoilcan at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 00:12:30 CET 2005

--- Frederick Hoyt <fmhoyt at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:

> So if I want to start using xyling instead of qtree + tree-dvips, I
> will have to go back though scores of documents converting all my
> trees
> written with the qtree and tree-dvips commands to xyling. This seems
> impractical and time-consuming.
>
> Could someone suggest the basis for a perl script that I might use
> for
> converting one format to the other? Is such a thing possible?

This is almost certainly possible with perl, but exactly how easy or
what to do depends on what exactly you change from one to the other. If
you only needed to change say Tree1 into Tree2 the following would
work:

perl -pi.bak -e 's/Tree1/Tree2/'

You can do something more elaborate than Tree1 and Tree2, but the
following metacharacters need to be backslashed:

Hope that helps.

MarkA