[OS X TeX] Installing, using xyling

Frederick Hoyt fmhoyt at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 26 14:10:53 CET 2005

Hi,

I am trying out xyling, and am getting a persistent error:

> ! Missing number, treated as zero.
> <to be read again>
>                    $
> l.229 {\catcode`\^^M
>                     =\active%

I understand that the "Missing number" prompt usually pears when a
command fails to find a numerical argument, but I get this when I
include the xyling package declaration in my document
(\usepackage{xyling}, without so much as including one command from the
package. I have made sure that I have xypic installed, just in case
there is a dependency involved.

There error looks like it's associated with the following line (229) in
xyps-ps.tex:

{\catcode`\^^M=\active%

The "^M" sequence looks like a macintosh line-break symbol. Could this
be part of the problem?

thank you,

fred hoyt

Frederick M. Hoyt