[OS X TeX] Current "best practice" for Lucida under TeXShop

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Jan 25 09:05:34 CET 2005

Le 25 janv. 05, à 05:08, Gary L. Gray a écrit :

> On Jan 24, 2005, at 10:45 PM, Ian Morrison wrote:
>
>> I have been made a number of attempts to migrate Lucida which I have
>> had working fine for years under both Textures and OzTex in Classic to
>> a Jaguar TeXShop installation (via i-Installer's "Full" option) with
>> no
>> success. It's not that I have not tried to find and use already posted
>> recipes. I have tried at least a half-dozen of various vintages
>> located
>> in online searches and nothing I try works (not too surprising since
>> there's a lot of divergence between the recipes and what the recipes
>> say is needed seems to be a moving target as teTeX evolves). I have
>> the
>> full 41 font expert set purchased from YandY for Classic [converted to
>> pfbs using Fondu] and I have renamed and inserted in the teTeX tree in
>> several ways with no luck.
>>
>> [...]
>
> Here is my setup. This works with the TeXLive 2004 installation using
> Gerben's distribution and, for example,
>
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage[expert,altbullet,lucidasmallscale]{lucidabr}
>
> [...]

Exactly the same here, and it works perfectly. The conversion was not
done by Fondu, but with t1unmac (included in i-Installer's TeX), as in:

	t1unmac -r LucidBri/rsrc lbr.pfb

Did you update the .map files as required? Namely, running in Terminal:

	sudo updmap --enable Map lucidabr.map
	sudo updmap --enable Map lumath.map
	sudo updmap --enable Map lucidabr-o.map
	sudo updmap --enable Map lumath-o.map

The first two files allow you to use, in TeX, Karl-Berry-style font
names like hlhr8 (for LucidaBright), for text and math fonts,
respectively. The following two files allow you to use the original
names from Y&Y, namely lbr for LucidaBright etc., again for text and
math fonts. These files live in
/Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/map/dvips/lucida/ and
/Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/.

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>