[OS X TeX] Current "best practice" for Lucida under TeXShop

Ian Morrison imorrison at rcn.com
Tue Jan 25 04:45:56 CET 2005

I have been made a number of attempts to migrate Lucida which I have
had working fine for years under both Textures and OzTex in Classic to
a Jaguar TeXShop installation (via i-Installer's "Full" option) with no
success. It's not that I have not tried to find and use already posted
recipes. I have tried at least a half-dozen of various vintages located
in online searches and nothing I try works (not too surprising since
there's a lot of divergence between the recipes and what the recipes
say is needed seems to be a moving target as teTeX evolves). I have the
full 41 font expert set purchased from YandY for Classic [converted to
pfbs using Fondu] and I have renamed and inserted in the teTeX tree in
several ways with no luck.

Is it true, as I seem to sniff from some posts, that all the needed
tfm, vf, fd and map files are in the current teTeX distribution and
that all that I need to add are the Type 1 fonts. If so, where do they
go, what are the "right" names (Berry or YandY variants or can I use
either, is the exact folder structure important, etc.)? If not, what
else must I provide and where?

I'm not very knowledgable about (or fond of) UNIX but I think I can follow a
detailed working recipe. I just can't seem to locate one.

Best,
Ian Morrison

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>