[OS X TeX] Re: longtable

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Mon Jan 24 22:31:31 CET 2005

Hi,

I found part of the answer to my query. I must not put a longtable
environment inside a table environment.

I did this because I read in:

LATEX Tutorials
A PRIMER
Indian TEX Users Group
Trivandrum, India
2003 September

that:
" just use the commands
\begin{longtable} ... \end{longtable} instead of the \begin{tabular}
... \end{tabular}
commands." p. 73

Since my tabular was inside a table environment...

I did what I should have done to start with, read the documentation for
longtable. In case it helps others, here is what it has become:

\begin{longtable}[c]{lrrr}
\caption{Number of sets and stomachs for each stratum of the survey
area.
\label{tab:n_sets_stratum}}\\
\toprule
Origin & Strata & Nb of sets & Nb of stomachs\\ \midrule
\endhead
NGSL&101& 10&  90\\
NGSL&102& 13& 108\\
NGSL&103& 17&  94\\