[OS X TeX] xdvi and/or acrobat reader with darwin ports emacs

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Jan 24 19:36:39 CET 2005

Le 24 janv. 05, à 17:26, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Am 24.01.2005 um 16:22 schrieb Massimiliano Gubinelli:
>
>>     xdvi has not been written in a day....
>
> But you can learn from it! AFAIK it passes the \special's to gs to
> render it into some bitmap graphics and this snippet is then shown in
> the reserved and blank space.

In the few months that I worked on a Linux box, I've kept being
disconcerted by the way xdvi worked: when displaying the same page
including an EPS picture, sometimes the picture was shown, sometimes
(ie most often) the corresponding page area remained blank. Happened
with several documents, several pages, several pictures, and wasn't
linked with LaTeX compilation errors. I never understood why, nor found
any logical reproducible pattern to it. That said, this was in 1998,
xdvi may have changed since.

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>