[OS X TeX] Gerben's TeX+ConTeXt packages: can't find the format `cont-nl.fmt' ?

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Jan 24 16:45:14 CET 2005

> Hi,
>
> in the past I could use Gerben's TeX and ConTeXt packages without manual
> changes.
>
> Last night I downloaded the "2004 stable" and Context-updater.
> If I now typeset a ConTeXt file as usual (texexec --pdf foo.tex)
> I get the following error:
>

>  TeXExec 5.2.3 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2004
>
>             executable : pdfetex
>                 format : cont-nl
>              inputfile : untitled
>                 output : pdftex
>              interface : nl
>           current mode : none
>                TeX run : 1
>
> This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.20a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.3)
>  (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/natural.tcx)
> Sorry, I can't find the format `cont-nl.fmt'; will try `context.fmt'.
> I can't find the format file `context.fmt'!
>
>            return code : 256
>               run time : 6 seconds
>
>         total run time : 7 seconds
> TeX returned non zero exit status
>

> What has changed? Is there something I've missed?

Hans informed me that some of the ConTeXT tool srequire the availability
of the Dutch language interface to ConTeXt. This used to be off by default
in my TeX i-Package (these days it is on).

What I can (and will) do is adapt the ConTeXt-updater package such that
both the English and Dutch interfaces are activated on configuration,
since it seems ConTeXt needs these.

Gerben

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>