[OS X TeX] iWork and TeX

Alexandre Enkerli aenkerli at indiana.edu
Sat Jan 22 22:02:05 CET 2005

[Apologies if this has been covered extensively. I just came back to
the list and wasn't able to read recent discussions. Pieter Kuiper's
undigested archives stop in 2003 and Gary Gray's digest page
<http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/MacOSX-TeX-Digests> seems unavailable.]

Now that Apple's iWork has been released did some of you see any way to
integrate Keynote and Pages documents with TeX?

Quite often, my personal use of TeX revolves around lesson plans and
slides that I produce as LaTeX documents from OmniOutliner documents.
One very interesting feature of this workflow is that the same outline
can be used in both presentation and printable format with hardly any
tinkering. Because I don't use TeX-specific features in those
documents, I might be able to transfer my workflow to iWork. But I also
use TeX features for academic writing and it'd be nice to integrate
iWork with TeX.

The problem is, FedEx didn't leave the package at my door so I'll wait
until Monday to try iWork. Those who have used it, is there anything
you see which would useful for TeXists?
What does the new Keynote format look like? How about the Pages format?
Some rumors have been running around about some LaTeX capabilities of
Pages but these seem highly unlikely. On the other hand, a good XML
format might mean some interesting things in terms of TeX integration,
possibly through ConTeXt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Alex
Alex Enkerli, Teaching Fellow, Visiting Lecturer
Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Indiana University South
Bend, DW 2269
1700 Mishawaka Ave., South Bend, IN 46634-7111
Office: (574)520-4102
Fax: (574)520-5031 (to: Enkerli, Anthropology)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>