[OS X TeX] Incorrect fontsmpl?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jan 22 21:33:17 CET 2005

Am 22.01.2005 um 18:36 schrieb Will Robertson:

> Is there a reason that you need to do this conversion?

Yes! Support for non-PDF output. Smaller production output. Besides
this I really don't know how to select a fontsize, shape, encoding, and
a specific glyph, for example \l. Where come the sty and fd files from?
Is there more than just: "it works with pdfTeX"? It works with a map
entry like

tfmname Basefontname <fontfile.ext xx.enc

Next month, or earlier, I would like to make a comparison of both
methods. And their output quality. Right now I can see that fontinst
delivers a perfect solution that fits perfectly into the usual work
flow, what I can't see the 'direct' method is providing. Whoever dealt
with it successfully? Where is some documentation about it? For
fontinst and the usual use of fonts and encodings enough is written.
For the conversion step I shall provide some descriptions that could be
added to the end of Philip Lehman's fontinstallationguide ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>