[OS X TeX] how to convert .doc to .TEX?

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Thu Jan 20 00:05:24 CET 2005

On 20 Jan 2005, at 8:37 AM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> In Lamports book it is explicitly stated that fragile commands should
> be protected when used in sectioning commands. Thus I would recommend
> to use \textit instead of \emph in section commands and be done with
> it.

If \textit == \emph then I would agree with you.
But it does not, so the correct procedure would be to do as you suggest
and protect the \emph command when it is used in a section title:
    \section{An \protect\emph{emphasised} title}

Ideally, pdfsync's \emph should be written so that it doesn't require
protecting.

Regards,
Will

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>