[OS X TeX] pstoedit i-Package

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jan 18 20:47:39 CET 2005

On 1/18/05 1:37 PM, "Stefan Walsen" <stefan at walsen.net> wrote:

> Claus Gerhardt wrote:
>> I wonder why this backward compatibility to 10.2.8 is necessary. Is it
>> because of some packages or because of some computers? It's hard to
>> imaging that there are computers that can't run 10.3.
>
> But it's very easy to imagine there are lots of people who don't want to
> spend their money on 10.3.
> And as long as the software does not really need 10.3, why force the
> users to upgrade?
>
> Stefan

Howdy,

Basically I think the answer is that there are still lots of folks who use
TeX and associated programs who have never updated to 10.3. Some for
financial reasons, some for hardware reasons (some older hardware doesn't
support 10.3 very well(?)) some in pure obstinacy.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>