[OS X TeX] pstoedit i-Package

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 18 16:52:53 CET 2005

Hi Listers,

I've packaged the application pstoedit in an i-installer package. You
can open the
package by selecting "New from URL…" in the file menu, and entering the
following
URL in the dialogue box:

     http://www.nat.vu.nl/~sneep/i-packages/pstoedit.ii2

Why would you be interested in pstoedit? Full details are available
from the website
(http://www.pstoedit.net/pstoedit), but let me give a short description
here.

pstoedit can translate postscript (ps and eps) and pdf files into
various editable
formats, including DXF, metapost, latex2e picture environment, xfig and
quite a few
more. I've used it in the past to cite figures from other papers (using
the original
figure, but changing the font to whatever I used in my other figures -
Lucida).

Note that I have no idea how long the URL will last, as I'm officially
no longer at
the Vrije Universiteit. Offers to host the download are appreciated.

Maarten
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>