[OS X TeX] Auctex attempt with DarwinPorts Emacs

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jan 17 19:00:10 CET 2005

Am 17.01.2005 um 18:19 schrieb Ettore Aldrovandi:

> This is most likely bound to mess with your Darwinports emacs
> installation. Even if it doesn't, it's not a good idea to put
> stuff  in the Darwinports tree which is not under the port's
> control.

So why not start putting extra stuff into Library/Application Support?

My experiments in December (27.) showed that it makes (almost) no
difference which Emacs you use to 'make' AUCTeX or preview-latex --
only for preview-latex you need a graphics enabled Emacs! So one
installation is good enough for many Emacsen.

There is an Emacs on Mac OS X list, with (La)TeX too:

List Post: <mailto:macosx-emacs at email.esm.psu.edu>