[OS X TeX] Color in X11 and default emacs

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jan 17 12:07:09 CET 2005

Am 17.01.2005 um 02:15 schrieb David Arnold:

> I've installed X11 and I've opened an xterm. If I run the default
> emacs (I've also installed auctex 11.53) that comes with OS X 10.5.3,
> font-lock-mode provides no coloring of syntax in a tex file.

If AUCTeX is working you should see in the mode-line of a tex file
"[(LaTeX BCite Ref Outl Fly)]." I am using GNU Emacs under X11 and see
and can access all the extra menus -- but it happens to me too that
some TeX files are only sparsely colourized ... Elementary syntax only
like \input, \newenvironment, \newcommand, \addtolength, \title is
wearing colours. Bold, sans serif, or italic can't be displayed in
Terminal or Xterm because there are no mechanisms to change the font.

Apple's /usr/bin/emacs works for me without AUCTeX, only RefTeX. I
don't know the many keybindings so I never wanted to install AUCTeX for
this version. What I see are colours and bold (intensified) faces that
come from RefTeX, having '(LaTeX)' or '(LaTeX View)' in the mode-line.

--
Greetings

   Pete

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence. - Jeremy S. Anderson

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>