[OS X TeX] mkdir and finder

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sat Jan 15 19:14:27 CET 2005

On Jan 15, 2005, at 09:47, David Arnold wrote:

> In transporting some tex files from our server to my mac, I did a
> mkdir in the Terminal before downloading. Afterwards, the directory I
> made with mkdir was not visible in the Finder.
>
> Can someone tell me how to make it visible in the Finder? (My clunky
> solution was to start over, make the folder in the Finder, then
> download my files. Yuk! Duplicate time.)

If it really exists, you can avoid the Finder's update delay (bug) by
using `open dirname` in the Terminal, where dirname is the directory
you created.  I use this all the time to open hidden folders.
Force-quitting the Finder is another brute force method of getting it
to see newly created files/folders.

--
Adam
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>