[OS X TeX] Permissions

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Jan 11 17:12:46 CET 2005

Le 11 janv. 05, à 16:53, mark oilcan a écrit :

> --- Holger Frauenrath <mail at frauenrath.com> wrote:
>
>>> -rw-------   1 root  staff  3209 11 Jan 10:02 texmf.cnf
>
> That last line looks like it could be a problem. I'm sure someone will
> correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe texmf.cnf should be world
> readable. Do the following in Terminal:
>
> cd /usr/local/tetex
> sudo chmod +r texmf.cnf
>
> Then see if the permissions for texmf.cnf are -rw-r--r--. If not then
> do the following:
>
> sudo chmod 644 texmf.cnf
>
> Then check to see if tex works properly.

Last year on March 2, Maarten Sneep had posted two command-line
instructions for setting permissions right inside texmf.local:

# set directory to read only for group and others
sudo find /path/to/your/texmf.local/ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

# set files to read only for group and others
sudo find /path/to/your/texmf.local/ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

You might try this here, replacing /path/to/your/texmf.local/ by
/usr/local/teTeX/. Beware though, I'm not Unix-savvy, it might be
better to wait for confirmation from a Unix-knowledgeable user before
sudo'ing that kind of stuff.

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>