[OS X TeX] jpeg.ii2 package documentation

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 9 22:46:41 CET 2005

On 9 jan 2005, at 22:34, FEITKNECHT Lukas wrote:

> Er.. write a document in Latex which contains digitall fotos in the
> JPEG format, without having to fidle around with GraphicConverter or
> similar. That's all I plan to do.

pdflatex supports jpeg straight away. Just include the files you need
included, with the aid of the graphicx or graphics package and the
\includegraphics command. Documentation is available, type "texdoc
grfguide" in the terminal.

The jpeg library will require programming effort on your part, if it is
just the recompression you want to get smaller files, I think your best
answer will be ImageMagick (more extensive command library,
command-line user interface already prepared, well documented library
is available should you want to push ahead and roll your own).

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>