[OS X TeX] BibTeX Questions.

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sat Jan 8 23:02:16 CET 2005

On Jan 8, 2005, at 13:38, Herb Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Since I wrote my Thesis BT (Before TeX) when bibliography was done by
> hand
> and you paid an approved secretary $0.50 US per page to type (and
> re-type)
> your Thesis I've managed to keep bibliographies fairly small and
> avoided
> using BibTeX.

That sounds horrid (not to mention too expensive); I wrote my MS thesis
using Word, though, which was worse than your average typewriter.

> Now I'd like to play around with BibTeX and BibDesk, etc., and
> wonder if there is a freely available .bib file with TeX/LaTeX
> bibliography
> so I can play around writing about things with which I'm familiar. It
> would
> be great if it had package references as well as book and article
> references.

Check out ftp://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/tex/bib/ for .bib files; we use
tugboat.bib as a test case for BibDesk.  Also, I'd recommend using the
natbib package for anything math/science related; the docs for it are
straightforward.

hth,
Adam
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>