[OS X TeX] Applescript-tcl dictionary, wishlist

Jérôme Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Fri Jan 7 08:17:53 CET 2005

Le 6 janv. 05, à 18:17, Claus Gerhardt a écrit :

> Let me suggest some commands that should be part of an Applescript-tcl
> dictionary, especially having tex files in mind:
>
> - get line -- get the number of the line, where the insertion point is
> - goto line lineNumber of fileName (or of the front window)
> - find and replace all -- the option for *all* in the find replace
> command
> - a detailed description of find and replace with grep
> - keystroke "string" -- type the string at the current insertion point
> - set theSelection to selection --selection means highlighted text

As this list of suggestions is not TeX nor tcl specific, let me feel
free to make a suggestion.

AppleScript implementation and user interface being separated,
I would suggest not to reinvent the wheel and adopt BBEdit scripting
interface.
Please, don't forget that one of applescript primary goals is to stick
as far as possible to human natural language,
which makes applescripting a tool for users, not for developers.

If a BBEdit guru could translate the above suggestion into real
applescripts, that would definitely help users in the end.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>