[OS X TeX] path not found after transferring files

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jan 6 19:30:12 CET 2005

Am 06.01.2005 um 19:06 schrieb Sandra Schwartz:

> Can't find required tool.
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex does not
> exist.  Is one of the tool paths configured incorrectly?
>
> Must I download everything again or is there something simpler I can
> do?

Obviously our teTeX installation has not been copied too. And probably
some other folders did not go from A to B. Think for example of your
own ~/Library/texmf tree, ~/Library/TeXShop,
/Applications/TeXShop_Folder! You can easily copy them, as you can copy
/usr/local/teTeX. And you need to create the symlink /Library/teTeX ->
/usr/local/teTeX (or is it ../../usr/local/teTeX).

This way the i-Installer wouldn't know anything of your teTeX
installation. If you still have the folder with the fattened i-Packages
I would copy this folder and use i-Installer to install teTeX ...
--
Greetings

   Pete

Linux bietet Lösungen für Probleme unter Windows, die mit Mac OS X gar
nicht erst auftreten.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>