[OS X TeX] input versus include in Texshop

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 6 01:15:51 CET 2005

On 5 jan 2005, at 19:00, David Arnold wrote:

(snip)

We took the matter off list, but I don't get it. I have the most recent
version of pdfsync (31st of January last year, version 0.6), but even
on the most basic test file I cannot get it to work between TeXniscope
and BBEdit (using the shell and AppleScript script snippet provided by
TeXniscope). With one of my other files (much more complicated than
this one), this works more or less OK.

I'd say this is the minimal sample that should work regardless, but the
master.pdfsync file seems way too short to me. I'm not getting any
further, other than that the pdfsync package seems to miss a lot of
paragraphs (but it does get some within the \inputted file).

I don't see anything that would mess with pdfsync in polking or pex,
nothing at least that goes beyond this bare sample.

Is anyone aware of recent changes to LaTeXs internals (\@@par in
particular) that may have thown off pdfsync? Other changes in the last
year? I'm running TL2005 (This is pdfeTeXk, Version
3.141592-1.20b-rc5-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.3) (format=pdflatex 2005.1.4)).

Maarten

\documentclass{article}
%\usepackage[empty]{polking}
%\usepackage{pex}
%\input{bookmacros}

\usepackage{pdfsync}

\begin{document}
\section{blah}

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam ac
. . .

\input{exer}

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam ac
. . .

\end{document}

with exer.tex containing a similar Lorem ... phrase (about 6 paragraphs
worth of garbage).

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>