[OS X TeX] DocBook, LaTeX, MacTeX, i-Installer: as seen from the outside

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Wed Jan 5 07:43:51 CET 2005

On Jan 4, 2005, at 23:41, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> As I was surfing the net tonight I came across this blog entry,
> primarily on DocBook but also on LaTeX, the MacTeX site and "an
> award-winning installer program that is a showcase of Apple
> technology":
>
> <http://www.kevin-walzer.com/archive_2004-m12.html#standard-192>
>
> More specifically, the quotation is:
>
> "Look at the Mac-Tex website. Here, you can find a centralized listing
> of where to get the core LaTeX engine, which is maintained in an
> elegant fashion by a single individual who has developed an
> award-winning installer program that is a showcase of Apple
> technology. You can find listings of a number of different editing
> tools that work specifically with LaTeX, such as TexShop, iTexMac, and
> Texmaker. You can find resources on getting started, and on learning
> more sophisticated approaches. And finally, you can find a community:
> a very helpful community."

The award was won by TeXShop not by the installer (which was included
in the entry but was also a different installer than the current one).

The 'single individual' could not maintain the redistribution were
there not many other single individuals (like Thomas Esser from teTeX
and the people from TeX Live, and many others for other tools) ;-)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>