[OS X TeX] wrapping lines in verbatim

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Sun Jan 2 10:01:45 CET 2005

> From: "Peter Dyballa" <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE>
> Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:20:00 +0100
>

> Am 31.12.2004 um 12:59 schrieb Denis Chabot:
>
>> But it means that to turn this option off for part of a long text, one
>> cannot just issue
>>
>> \wrappingoff
>>
>> and continue with text, but rather one has to
>
> Why do you want this? Are short lines converted to long ones? If any of
> your lines is too short to hit the margin than it does not become
> wrapped and all is good. Or is it not? (I'm not using memoir, at least
> not yet.)

Actually I intend to leave this option on for the entire text I want in
verbatim mode because there are long lines all over the place that I'd
like to see wrapped to the page width. My question was just to know how
to do it if I had to. For instance the Memoir class manual states that
a tab mode is available in verbatim but does not work well with line
wrapping. Somebody might therefore want to turn line wrapping on just
for a section of the verbatim text.

Denis

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>