[OS X TeX] Moving cursor with keyboard in Texshop

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 1 13:59:56 CET 2005

On 1 jan 2005, at 3:04, Frederick Hoyt wrote:

> Most of the curvor navigation commands from Emacs work in Texshop:
>
> c-a 	"move to beginning of line"
> c-e	"move to end of line"
> c-f	"move forward one character"
> c-b	"move back one character"
> c-n	"move down one line"
> c-p	"move up one line"
> c-v	"scroll up"
>
> The commands I am familiar with from Emacs which do not work are those
> which involve the alt/escape/command key, since these are bound to
> OSX-particular functions. There's probably a way to turn off these
> bindings or redefine them, but I don't know what that is.

Now I recall what I did to get the alt/option key combination to work
(be aware that this masks some standard Mac OS keyboard combinations,
like the one that produces a square root sign: Ã (option-v)). Have a
look here: http://gnufoo.org/macosx/macosx.html (I used an older
version of the instruction, which isn't as invasive as this one, I
limited myself to the KeyBindings.dict file).

> There's also the pg-up, pg-dn, home, and end buttons on the Mac
> keyboard.

Those do not move the insertion point.

Maarten
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>