[OS X TeX] Moving cursor with keyboard in Texshop

Frederick Hoyt fmhoyt at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Jan 1 03:04:35 CET 2005

Most of the curvor navigation commands from Emacs work in Texshop:

c-a 	"move to beginning of line"
c-e	"move to end of line"
c-f	"move forward one character"
c-b	"move back one character"
c-n	"move down one line"
c-p	"move up one line"
c-v	"scroll up"

The commands I am familiar with from Emacs which do not work are those
which involve the alt/escape/command key, since these are bound to
OSX-particular functions. There's probably a way to turn off these
bindings or redefine them, but I don't know what that is.

There's also the pg-up, pg-dn, home, and end buttons on the Mac
keyboard.

Hope that helps,

Fred Hoyt

On Dec 31, 2004, at 6:13 PM, David Arnold wrote:

> All,
>
> I am a brand new Mac user and I cannot seem to find a summary of
> cursor movement with the keyboard.
>
> I don't like to pick up the mouse when I am working. So, I am looking
> for a summary that includes such things as:
>
> Moving to the top of a source file.
>
> Moving to the end of a line.
>
> Scrolling with and without cursor movement.
>
> Etc, etc, etc.
>
> Where are these things summarized? Is there a reference card for these
> things?

> List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>

"Email is a wonderful thing for people whose role in life is to be on
top of things. But not for me; my role is to be on the bottom of
things. What I do takes long hours of studying and uninterruptible
concentration."

-Donald Knuth

Frederick M. Hoyt
Linguistics Department