[OS X TeX] Which Emacs / XEmacs is recommended?

David Poole poole at cs.ubc.ca
Mon Feb 28 20:30:47 CET 2005

Peter Dyballa wrote:
> I'd use the Japanese one, which needs some re- or back-customization:
>
>     <http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_open_source/
> carbonemacspackage.html>
>     <http://home.att.ne.jp/alpha/z123/emacs-mac-e.html>

That one uses emacs from Feb 1, 2005. The latest stable release of emacs
is version  21.4 (Feb 6, 2005). See:
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html  This is supposed to
support Mac OS X natively. What does that mean?

I don't want to go to the effort of updating emacs and then have to do
it immediately again. Is there much customization that needs to be done
to use all of the latex goodies using this emacs? Or should I wait till
someone else does it?

Thanks
David

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>