[OS X TeX] New TeX i-Package release in *EXPERIMENTAL* i-Directory

Franck Pastor pastor at fusl.ac.be
Sun Feb 27 20:22:54 CET 2005

Le 27-févr.-05, à 20:02, Herb Schulz a écrit :

> On 2/27/05 12:49 PM, "Franck Pastor" <pastor at fusl.ac.be> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Before installing your personal fonts, you may copy the file
>> "updmap.cfg" of your texmf.local branch to your personal
>> "~/Library/texmf/web2c" folder, and then you'll be able to do yours
>> "updmap", from your personal web2c folder, without needing all the
>> "sudo" stuff.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Franck Pastor
>>

> Howdy,
>
> I never thought of that. Will the map files for dvips, etc., then be
> located
> in my personal branch too?

Yes, if you use Gerben Wierda's implementation (TeXLive 2004 or 2005),
they will go automatically in your own ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map
directory. Otherwise, if you use teTeX from Fink for example, you will
have to indicate to "updmap" the place of your map files, by doing :

updmap --outputdir /Library/texmf/dvips/map

(teTeX from Fink being older,  the map files must be placed in your
texmf/dvips directory, if I remember well)

NB : thanks to Michel Bovani, the Fourier fonts designer, for having
indicated all this "updmap trick" to me !

Good luck,

Franck Pastor

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>