[OS X TeX] AMS-TeX and AMS-LaTeX .engine files for TeXShop

jrolland at softhome.net jrolland at softhome.net
Sun Feb 27 01:42:38 CET 2005

Hello, all!

I just posted to comp.text.tex and was told I might try posting here,
so I am.

I need to typeset some AMS-TeX files and I am using TeXShop. I was told
that I can get an AMS-TeX listing in the style list at the top of a
TeXShop window by placing a file called "AMS-TeX.engine" in the
~/Library/TeXShop/Engines directory. What I wasn't told was what to put
in the file. I hacked off the existing XeTeX.engine file and put

#!/bin/tcsh

set path= ($path /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current
/usr/local/bin)
amstex "$1"

in the file. It typeset the document, but left DVI output instead of
.pdf output. Rather than just kluge my way through it, I was hoping
some TeXShop wizard could help me out by suggesting the correct
information to put in the AMS-TeX.engine and hopefully an
AMS-LaTeX.engine files.

Any assistance you can provide is appreciated.

Sincerely,
 --
Jeffrey Rolland
<jrolland at softhome.net>