[OS X TeX] lettrine.sty, but not LaTeX

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sat Feb 26 14:38:16 CET 2005

On Feb 25, 2005, at 18:08, William F. Adams wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2005, at 7:29 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>
>> Would someone be able to take lettrine.sty as an example and produce
>> a version that works with ConTeXt (and plain TeX)?
>
> Do you have to have the exact same interface and feature set?
>
> Doing drop caps is an old problem for which a fair bit of code has
> been done.
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/msg/
> 0d7a6ce2012ed57d?dmode=source
>
> I'm pretty sure the dropcaps package works w/ latex and plain tex....

But it isn't as sophisticated as lettrine. From the context mailing
list:

could you please give an example how to do the same with \DroppedCaps,
what
is shown on page 30 of http://pmrb.free.fr/work/cours/latex-intro.pdf ?

In the meantime. Taco Hoekwater has produced a ConTeXt plug-in for a
lettrine type of operation.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>