[OS X TeX] OT: Pages from iWork

Curtis Clifton curt.clifton at mac.com
Fri Feb 25 14:39:58 CET 2005

Bruno,

On Feb 25, 2005, at 3:12 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Since I initiated this thread a month ago, I think I should at least
> report on negative user experience since then. Here's a message I just
> posted to another list:
>
>> Aside regarding iWork: it's really software that should have been
>> worked upon for significantly more time before being released, it
>> does suck. ...

Be careful not to paint with too broad a brush.  I think you mean to
say that _Pages_ isn't ready for significant use.  I can vouch that
Keynote 2, the other half of iWork, is a joy.  I've been interviewing
for academic jobs and have had great fun using the new Keynote for my
talks.  Especially when after my talk someone invariably says, "I
didn't know you could do that with PowerPoint."  And I get to say, "You
can't."

Curt

Curtis Clifton, PhD Candidate
Dept. of Computer Science, Iowa State University
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~cclifton

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>