[OS X TeX] Colored words

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 21 10:07:48 CET 2005

On 21 Feb. 2005, at 1:28, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 20 Feb. 2005, at 9:46 AM, Maarten Sneep wrote:
>
>> Oh, and I've set the typeface of TeXShop to Lucida Grande, but maybe
>> that is something you shouldn't try to replicate.
>
> Really?
> I'm a Monaco 10 fan, myself. Although I admit, when I dally with
> iTeXMac I use Latin Modern Typewriter for keywords and Latin Modern
> Sans for the rest. I'm especially a fan of Monaco 10 in TeXShop's
> Console (I may have changed this in the nib file, actually...can't
> remember) in which white space seems to be fairly significant.

Call me erratic, but in BBedit and the Terminal I use ProFont at 9pt
(http://www.tobias-jung.de/seekingprofont/) which leaves room for a
huge amount of text in the window, while still remaining legible.
(ProFont 9pt, is similar to Monaco, but even smaller, and it uses exact
bitmaps at really small sizes) In TeXShop, I prefer Lucida for content
text, I find Latin Modern too small and thin on screen, while Lucida
(most variants) are pretty much indestructible -- they remain legible
under adverse conditions.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>