[OS X TeX] TeXShop engine problem?

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 19 21:33:08 CET 2005

On 19 feb 2005, at 21:21, Aaron Jackson wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2005, at 10:53 AM, Maarten Sneep wrote:
>
>> ?? chould you add a few more echo statements to your script, that
>> should at least show where you're going.
>
> Well, if you change the shell from tcsh to sh, then you can put the
> following lines at the top of your script to see what it is doing:
>
> set -o verbose
> set -o xtrace

you'd have to change the path setting as well, afaik. In my mail from
15:17+0100
I included a complete bash script. That should get you started. The set
commands
can be added here as well for debugging.

#!/bin/bash

PATH=
"$PATH:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:/usr/local/
bin"
WD=`dirname "$1"`
FN=`basename "$1"`
echo "Dir=$WD; Filename=$FN"
cd "$WD"
xetex -xfmt=XGenealogue -papersize=14in,8.5in "$FN"
# end of script.

> I don't know what the equivalent options are for tcsh.

Obligatory link to well known rant:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/shell/csh-whynot/
(in short: you shouldn't want to know the equivalent in tcsh).

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>